Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The boys are both in cub scouts now.  Austin is a wolf cub and Kayden is a tiger cub!  I am Austin's den leader again and we had our first meeting last night and we had a blast!  Kayden is going to his 1st meeting tonight and he is very excited!  Brianna had her first play date with her friend Abby from school and she's been begging to go back to Abby's ever since.....I am just not allowed to leave...lol

I have been using my home made laundry soap for several weeks now and we love it!!  I didnt put any scent into is the first time to see how it worked and we dont notice any odors or anything!  I have had several people ask me for the recipe so I hope they like it as much as we do!!!  I did buy scent to put into my next jug I fill though I will let you know how we like that!

We decided to breed Olive our Mini Mancha to Domino our Nigerian Dwarf so they are in the breeding pen for 30 to 32 days!!  I hope it goes well!!  We will know for sure in 150 days or so!!!  We are so ready for some goat milk, cheese and soap!  Were going to breed on of the other girls but we havent quite figured out who to breed to whom  lol.  Barbi could be bred because Shadow had taking a likeing to her a week ago but I havent actuall seen them in the act!  So we shall see!!!

We took all 10 goats in one at a time and did some maintainence on them, trimmed hooves checked eye colors and such.  So far everyone is doing great!  We made a new pen for the boys so we dont have to keep switching who in the pen through out the day!  The nice thing about it is it was 100% free!!  We have a place down the road that gives us their pallets and we build thier fence out of those!

We had Kevin and Dana not last weekend but the weekend before and had a fabulous time with them as always!  It was nice to see Kevin since he doesnt come out very often!  We sure are going to miss them when they go to Florida for the winter!!!  We love having Dana and Kevin at our house!!  I would have them every weekend if I could! 

Last weekend Brittany got into a head on collision on highway 20 and she was hurt the worst out of the 3 vehicles involved.  But no broken bones just lots of cuts and bruises!  She was VERY lucky!  Matt and the kids went to Jeremy & Brittanys and I went and sat at the hospital with her to drive her home.  Once we got there we ate beef n noodles and went to bed!  Sunday we got up and had some target practice!  We all had a good time so overall it was a pretty good weekend but as always it went WAY TOO FAST!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment