Monday, August 23, 2010

What a wonderful weekend!

Well, I am ashamed to say I took the easy way out with my spaghetti....no homemade noodles! However, I made up for it Saturday! We had homemade Chicken N Noodles....our chickens and homemade wheat noodles! It was YUMMY!!!

Josh & Sarah were there when I got home from work and they were a tremendous help to us again! While I was bummed to not see my niece and nephew, I did get to meet Gracie for the second time ever....kinda sad, she didn’t even know I was her Aunt. She is the cutest, sweetest little 4 year old I have ever seen! She has one heck of a personality and I mean that in a good way!! Brianna & Gracie were like two peas in a pod Friday and Saturday! Gracie wasn’t too sure about all my animals but after a few hours and watching my kids interact with them she wanted to play in the goat pen too!

We ended up working outside all weekend again....I’m sure it won’t be the last weekend we do this....probably more often than not till winter hits as we have a lot of irons in the fire. We got most of the "summer kitchen" cleaned out and the front portion is a hay & grain storage area and the back portion is going to be the goat care area for things such as hoof trimming, milking, storage for wormers and vaccines ect. We have a mini fridge we are gonna put in there and there is a wood burning stove to heat it on those cold days while milking. I think it will work great when we're all done with it!!

The goat/chicken run is mostly done. We need to get some sort of aviary netting or something of that nature to keep the chickens, ducks and turkeys in so we don’t have any more runaways! We also need to figure out something for the bottom of the fence so predators can’t get in because right now there is a spot or two my 75 pound boxer can get under. Not necessarily a good thing!

Of course it wasn’t all work and no play we had a nice bonfire on Friday night and the kids roasted marshmallows and had a blast!

I’m not quite ready to start the work week but its here! So, off to work I go!! Have a great week everyone! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment