Thursday, August 19, 2010

New to blogging

So, I’ve never been much of a blogger but I thought why not give it a shot! It could be fun! So, where to start....The kids just started going back to school...Austin is in 2nd grade and Kayden is in first. They are loving it! It is so funny to see the excitement on their faces as they wait for the bus. They both LOVE their teachers and so far it’s going well. Brianna is going to start a three year old class in September and she wants to start now!!! I just hope she stays that excited about it!!!


So the other day I was sitting on the couch relaxing watching Army Wives when the neighbor kid knocks on the door to tell me there is kittens under the ramp to get into my house.....fun fun!........NOT I now have 8 yes you read that right 8 kittens at my house. We had 10 but have gotten rid of 2...thank goodness!!!! Now 8 more to go...... you want a cat? lol

The goats are doing well, one if not both of the girls may or may not be pregnant as bob the pygmy goat somehow got out and was with the girls for who knows how long.....not planned at all!!!! I was planning on waiting until late October to November to breed that way we would have spring babies but, that may not be the case....only time will tell...I may be milking at Christmas time!

Our meat birds are about ready to go. We have a few that aren’t quite ready but 50 birds two people….we will do more than one day of processing to save our backs! It’s quite an interesting experience! I don’t require the kids to help they just want to. It’s kind of interesting to them to learn about the gizzard what the liver, heart and lungs looks like. They pluck, and gut just depends on how long each task holds their attention as to how much they do. :-)

Alright that’s it for my first entry my first 10 minutes of my lunch are now gone…..need to go find some food before I have to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment